Saturday, January 29, 2011

BLTs & Steak... Easy is best!

I haven't put up a post in a few days... things have been kind of crazy around here taking my son to the doctor and having tests done and what not to see exactly what is going on with him, which it appears he has a severe milk allergy and some severe acid reflux as well...

So when life gets at you... make simple meals. That's my motto...  I'm not even going to post this recipe because I'd hope everyone knows how to make a BLT sandwich.... but I will give a few tips :)

I have a George Foreman grill and I prefer to cook my bacon on there because those type of grills help get rid of excess fat and also has a grease/fat drip tray for EASY clean up! *I am HUGE into an easy clean up, I am a firm believer that if you wash dishes as you go along, you won't have much to do when you are done eating!* While the bacon is cooking, slice your tomatoes, and get your lettuce ready. So after cooking your bacon, use paper towel and damp the grease off of the strips. Toast your bread, and spread with either Miracle Whip or real mayo, put lettuce, tomato, and bacon on sandwich and poof! you have a delicious sandwich! Easy and good is the best way to go!



STEAK! I absolutely love steak!! I go to Sam's Club or Costco and purchase all my meat there and I package it up and freeze it individually. I might spend $60 and get 8 rib-eye steaks... which is a lot of money.. however it is nothing when you think that you spend that on going out to eat at a steakhouse for two people and that is only one night. I prefer to use Canadian Steak Seasoning (available also at Sam's Club) when cooking my steaks either on the grill or on the George Foreman. Also at Sam's Club (can you tell I love this wholesale stores?) they have frozen super sweet corn by their house brand.... VERY good and simple to make and very good with steak of course! Also for another quick fix I like to make Lipton rice sides or Lipton pasta sides. They come in pouch-like bags and take only 7 minutes to cook, and then let them set for a while and thicken up. So for another quick meal ... steak, corn and a bag of a Lipton rice or pasta side. 




No comments:

Post a Comment