Wednesday, January 19, 2011

How this got started...

I love food. I always have. My dad always cooked for holidays and my mom cooked the day to day meals growing up, and was always a huge baker around the holidays. Our family recipes have come from many different sources. Some of them have been passed along so many times the source is actually uncertain as of this point.

I started helping my dad cook for the holidays when I was a little girl and always said "Me cook dad, me cook" when I was young and it pretty much stuck with me. Now being a wife, I cook pretty much every night (unless we have leftovers) considering living on a military salary doesn't allow us much access to "date nights". As much as sometimes it would be nice, and definitely easier to go out to eat, it's just not practical. I started posting up pictures on my personal Facebook page. People would ask for recipes after I'd put up a status about what was for dinner that night... and thus here we are. Many of my friends told me to start a blog, so here we have it folks...

I hope you enjoy this and hopefully I can get the hang of it pretty easily... I look forward to the outcome of this, and who knows... maybe it'll end up with my own cooking show!!

My husband and I at our wedding - September 2010

Family pictures Dec 31, 2011

Manitou Springs, CO  - Oct 2011




3 comments:

  1. I am totally going to follow this when I have a kitchen to actually work in... which won't be for a while, I'm afraid. But I'm really excited about your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tina will never cook anything

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can finally follow you!! I am almost done with school and I cannot wait to try your recipes!! xoxo Kristen

    ReplyDelete