Monday, March 28, 2011

BBQ Pulled Pork

Who said you have to go to a great BBQ restaurant in order to have some tasty pulled pork?? Not me! I'm not even that huge of a fan of BBQ styled food (except for corn bread...) But this recipe my mom has made for years, and even my brother, who's with out a doubt one of the pickiest eaters I know... eats this meal. It is a bit time consuming, but a great meal to throw in if you are working around the house throughout the day. I am going to give you two choices of meat to use on this, they taste pretty much the same, but this gives variety if you don't eat pork, or if you'd prefer to buy the meat that is on sale.. like me!!



Ingredients: (Serves typically 12 sandwiches)
3-4 lbs Boston Butt Pork or English Cut Beef
3 pkg Lipton Onion soup mix
3 cans beer
3 cups ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
12 sesame seed buns

Prep:
~Preheat oven to 325 degress
~Mix soup mix, beer, ketchup, and sugar in bowl
~Put meat in roasting pan, pouring mix over pork/beef
~Cook for 4-6 hours, basting every hour
~Remove fat and bone if there is any
~Shred meat with fork then cook uncovered last hour








ENJOY SOME BBQ!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment