Thursday, March 17, 2011

Breakfast Burritos!!!!!!!!

Sometimes you just don't want to have a bowl of cereal or toast for breakfast. I feel you. I put up my Papa's Waffles as an option but what if you don't have a waffle iron?? Well this recipe is yummy yummy yummy and my dad has been making it since I can remember on Saturday or Sunday mornings... especially up at our cabin in Northern Michigan. One of my favorite breakfast meals, and had the opportunity to have a friend try them when she stayed over last weekend. She loved them!!!


Ingredients:
12 eggs
1 lb. tubed hot Jimmy Dean pork sausage
1/2 tsp chili powder (optional-I don't use it though because I used hot sausage)
10-12 large tortilla shells
1 lb. shredded Mexican cheese mixture
1 cup milk
Salsa/hot sauce for dipping

Prep:
~Preheat oven to 300 degrees
~In a skillet, cook sausage, and break up as much as possible into small pieces, drain grease
~In a large mixing bowl, scramble eggs with milk
~Scramble eggs in skillet on med-low heat, be sure to not burn
~In a mixing bowl, combine sausage, eggs, cheese and blend on low-medium speed with a hand blender (be careful the mixture doesn't end up all over your kitchen)
~Put 1/4-1/2 cup of mixture in middle of tortilla, then wrap very tightly, closing one end, place in baking sheet with non-stick spray
~Repeat till all mixture is gone, should make 10-12 burritos
~Sprinkle top with cheese
~Bake for about 10 minutes. Much better if shells are left soft and not browned
~I prefer to serve this with Ortega Smooth & Mild taco sauce... as shown in picture below for dipping or you can pour it over top... whatever you prefer!!







Then sprinkle with cheese and put in oven

No comments:

Post a Comment