Monday, March 28, 2011

Egg Drop Soup...

I love egg drop soup. I love it at a restaurant... however, I didn't want to go to a restaurant the other day.. so I decided to make it myself. Turned out pretty good... however... next time I go to a restaurant, I'm going to be sure to bring home those 'noodle crackers' they serve with the soup at the restaurants. Not saying it really needed it... but I like them :)




Ingredients:
48 oz can Swanson chicken broth
1 bunch chopped green onion (scallions)
1/4 tbl sugar
2 tbl soy sauce
3 tbl corn starch
1/3 cup cold water
3 eggs (I used four and it was too much egg)
2 tbl cold water (separate from 1/3 cup)
Pinch parsley

Prep:
~Boil chicken broth and scallions
~Mix corn starch, sugar, soy sauce, and the 1/3 cup cold water in bowl
~Reduce heat of broth and add smooth mixture
~Boil soup on high for one minute, then return to medium-low heat
~Beat eggs with 2 tbl cold water, then using a wide fork mix into broth
~Cook till eggs are white (opaque)
~Pour soup in bowl with a pinch of parsley






No comments:

Post a Comment