Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dee's Potato Salad...

I hate potato salad. I had to make something to take to a friend's house for a BBQ and I called my mom and asked her what goes in potato salad. She said, "potatoes and eggs". Ok then... so I just added stuff as I went.. I'll be sure not to cook the potatoes as long next time.. but apparently they were good.. because they were GONE by the end of the party!!!



Ingredients:
10 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed
3 hardboiled eggs
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp Lawry's seasoning salt
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 tbl parsley


Prep:
~Peel and cube potatoes
~Boil a pot of salted water
~Cook until tender but still firm for about 15 minutes, drain and transfer to a large mixing bowl
~Hard boil the eggs, the remove and let cool
~Peel and chop them when they are completely cooled
~Add lemon juice, oil, sugar, seasoning salt, Worcestershire sauce, mustard power and black pepper and mix it well, then blend in the mayo well
~Once potatoes are cooled, pour the dressing over, stir gently to coat
~Mix in celery and onions and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving


·     









No comments:

Post a Comment