Thursday, August 18, 2011

Who needs Taco Bell??

Ok let's face it, Taco Bell has the best 30 second quesadilla you can possibly buy. But I don't believe in going out to eat anymore... and I was craving me some TACO BELL. So I decided to bring it home... or should I say... make it at home!! This is how I did it... and ever since... my husband has been begging for me to make them again!!!!



Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, boiled & shredded
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 green pepper
1 onion
2 green onion stalks
1 tomato (optional for garnish)
Shredded lettuce (optional for garnish)
Sour cream / Salsa (for dipping)
4 ten inch soft taco shells
2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese

Prep:
~Chop veggies
~Boil chicken, then chop finely or shred (be careful not to cut yourself)
~In a skillet, fry up onion, green onion, and green pepper
~Add the chicken to the skillet along with the taco seasoning
~Add 1/4 cup water and mix it all together and cook for several minutes
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees
~On a cookie sheet, add mixture to one side of the tortilla shell and add cheese, fold shell over and sprinkle some cheese on top
~Bake for 10 minutes
~Serve with salsa and sour cream, tomatoes and lettuce if needed
~I found the quesadilla sauce recipe from Taco Bell, if you'd like to spread that on the tortillas before adding the chicken mixture and baking (See below)

Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce:
1/4 cup mayo
2 tsp minced jalapenos
2 tsp jalapeno juice (From minced jalapenos)
3/4 sugar
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp garlic powder
dash of salt 

















1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful I will try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete