Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meatball Subs

So I drove by Subway and was considering going in and grabbing subs for dinner one night.. but as usual.. I decided to cook at home instead. But unfortunately I didn't have sub buns so next time I ran to the store I grabbed some. When I decided to make subs... I ended up craving some Italian. So I decided to whip up some meatballs and have meatball subs! Never made meatballs in my life... I'm used to eating the frozen ones that are premade already- haha. So I started throwing some stuff in a bowl and the husband LOVED this meal. I did have some of my spaghetti sauce already made and frozen, so I thawed that out and that's what I used for the sauce. 


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs (or more if you feel that they meat isn't sticking together well enough)
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp minced onions
1 1/2 tbl italian seasoning
1/2 tsp oregano
6 cloves of freshly minced garlic
Dash of salt
2-3 tbl olive oil
1/2 tbl parsley
2 cups Dee's spaghetti sauce** (on blog)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2- 12" submarine buns

Prep:
~Add meat and all spices and mixture (minus cheese and sauce)
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees
~Take a half of a handful of meat and flatten, take some cheese and place in center, roll into ball making a stuffed meatball
~In a large skillet pan add olive oil, turn on medium heat
~Brown meatballs
~Put in a pan and cook in oven for 45 minutes
~Cut sub buns and place on baking sheet, after meatballs are done, turn oven on to the broiler and slightly brown buns
~Meanwhile, heat up sauce in a small pot
~Put meatballs on sub with some more cheese on them and then poor sauce over them
~Sprinkle parsley over top
~ENJOY!!









1 comment:

  1. Stumbled upon this recipe last weekend. It turned out fabulous! The cheese in the meatball really puts this on a whole other level. Look forward to trying some of these other recipes. Keep up the good work and hope more deliciousness is posted soon!

    ReplyDelete