Thursday, August 18, 2011

Stuffed Burgers... such a great idea!!

OK I have made this four times now... and apparently people are mad it's not been published yet!! First time I made them it was at our friends' house for a BBQ and the burgers never even made it inside. They were eaten by people standing around the grill. I had only brought four of them (I didn't know how'd they turn out) and people were actually passing them around, "Here try this!!"  So needless to say they were liked. I made these with the intention of using only blue cheese, but when my Mom and friend were out visiting my husband and I in Colorado in June, neither one of them liked blue cheese. So I used colby jack instead. They loved them!! So keep that in mind if you don't care for blue cheese... but to be honest, you can't even tell it's blue cheese. It is so yummy!!


Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef 
2 eggs
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup bread crumbs (you may have to adjust this, the bread crumbs is what holds the meat together so if isn't sticking together add some more)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbl Lawry's seasoning salt
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles 
OR 1/2 cup cubed Colby jack cheese
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce

Prep:
~Add meat, eggs, onion, bread crumbs, Lawry's & garlic to mixing bowl. 
~Mix well
~If you bough a block of the Colby cheese, cube it up nice and small
~Flatten a 1/3 lb of meat
~Place your choice of cheese in the center (Don't be subtle)
~Wrap sides around the cheese
~Roll in a ball in your hand, then gently flatten to make a patty
~While grilling on a BBQ or in my case here, a George Foreman grill, sprinkle Worcestershire sauce on both sides while grilling 
~Serve with your choice of condiments, but do me a favor... and try a bite without anything on it! 




















1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete