Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Curry Stuffed Chicken with Orange Marmalade Sauce

This recipe is another one my Dad gave me that they make at the fire station quite a bit. Him and his friend Craig.. my "Uncle Mac" made up this recipe and he mentioned it to me on the phone and I decided to make it.  It was super super good!! However... this recipe was definitely enough for 4 chicken breasts and I only made two... so next time I'll make four so we have leftovers the next day. Also I made another note to myself that I should definitely not put so much sauce on each breast because then it became too sweet. So keep that in mind... use about half the sauce on each breast that what I have in the picture. 


Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 cup orange marmalade jelly
1/2 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1 tbl curry powder
2 tbl butter
1/4 cup water

Prep:
~Add yogurt and jelly in a bowl, mix it well and put it in the fridge till ready to use
~Filet breasts in half
~Preheat oven to 350 degrees
~Grate carrot and chop onion
~Add veggies and curry powder to melted butter in skillet and cook for several minutes 
~Add bread crumbs, veggie mixture and water to a mixing bowl and mix until crumbly
~Add mixture to one half on chicken and simply fold over the other half
~Put in oven for 30 minutes
~When ready to serve, take out sauce and serve over chicken (don't really need a lot as stated above... you can always add more if you want)







Use about half of the sauce that I used in this picture*

No comments:

Post a Comment