Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fire Fighter Chicken Pasta!!!

My dad is a fire fighter in a Metro Detroit suburb, Clinton Township. When I went back to Michigan in February to visit my family while my husband was down in Lousianna for Army training, I took my son to visit my dad at the fire station. The guys were getting read to eat lunch and my dad had this and gave me a few bites.. and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!! I knew I'd have to make it when I got home! However, my dad had made italian sausage and cut it into chunks and threw it in his with the chicken and it was probably the best part of the dish, however, when I made this at home, I didn't have time to cook up sausage too, but it was still good with just the chicken!!



Ingredients: (Serves 2)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups regular italian dressing
2 yellow peppers, cleaned and sliced
2 red peppers, cleaned and sliced
1/2 pound cubed pepper jack cheese
1/2 pound Rotelle pasta noodles
Creamy Italian dressing

Prep:
~Marinate chicken in regular Italian dressing for 2 hours before cooking
~Cut up peppers
~In a large skillet cook chicken on both sides till slightly browning
~Add peppers, cook and cover till peppers are tender and cooked
~Boil water and cook noodles
~Check chicken to see if cooked all the way through
~Cube up cooked chicken
~Combine noodles, peppers, pepper jack cheese, and creamy italian dressing
~Serve!










*NOTE TO SELF.. NEXT TIME, ADD CHEESE IN SKILLET AFTER REMOVING CHICKEN TO CUBE UP AND ALLOW TO MELT... THEN ADD CHICKEN TO NOODLES AND MIXTURE*

No comments:

Post a Comment