Saturday, April 16, 2011

Teriyaki Steak Fajitas














I had this random steak I had in the freezer and I decided to cook it up, and I had no idea what I was going to with it, but it ended up being a recipe that I'm definitely going to make again. Thank goodness I wrote down the ingredients because I quite possibly might not have been able to remember this! But my husband and I definitely enjoyed the flavor of this steak. It was very tender as well!!


Ingredients:
1.5-2 lb. flank steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup dried chives
1 tbl garlic salt
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 sweet onion, sliced
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
Olive oil
Tortillas - 4-6
Shredded cheddar (Sharp or mild) cheese - to taste
Sour cream - to taste
Salsa - to taste

Prep:
~Tenderize meat
~Add soy, teriyaki, chives, garlic salt, cajun seasoning to a large bowl and then add steak. Marinate in fridge for a minimum of one hour
~Cook steak to desired temperature on grill or George Foreman (as pictured below)
~Slice green pepper, red pepper, and onion thinly, add about 2 tbl olive oil to skillet and cook veggies till tender
~When steak is done, on a cutting board, slice into strips, keep covered to stay warm
~Warm tortillas in microwave for about 20-30 seconds
~Add steak, veggies, and if desired, cheese, sour cream, and salsa!
~Enjoy!!

Add soy and teriyaki sauces 
 Add spices
 Cook to desired temperature - medium rare, medium, medium well

 Heat olive oil and cook peppers and onions till tender
 Slice steak into strips
Add veggies and if you desire, cheese, salsa, and sour cream

No comments:

Post a Comment