Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dee's Style Zip Sauce...

I've been trying to figure out the best way to make a zip sauce for steaks for a while...and I've also figured out that it must be a Metro Detroit thing to even consider zip sauce, I may be incorrect on this, but everywhere else I've been has never even heard of it!!... I kept trying different mixtures of spices and seasonings trying to get the best tasting sauce. I finally discovered the best combination and I am ready to share it with all of you!! It does have a "bite" to it, but I think it was good, and I hope you all do too!!!



Ingredients:
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp thyme
1 tsp crushed rosemary
1 tsp parsley
1/4 lb melted butter (Melt in saucepan)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbl  Dijon mustard (I prefer Jack Daniel's)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tbl  Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp cumin

Prep:
~Combine first four ingredients in a mixing bowl
~Melt butter in a SAUCEPAN not in the microwave, be sure that the butter does not brown or burn...
~Add butter to mixing bowl
~Then add rest of ingredients, mix well
~Heat for a couple minutes back in saucepan.
~Pour a little bit over steak, serve hot.

Add to mixing bowl 
 Melt butter in sauce pan...
 Add butter to mixing bowl, then add rest of spices...
 
 Mix well, then put back in sauce pan to heat up for a few minutes

 
Pour over steak for added flavor 

No comments:

Post a Comment