Monday, April 4, 2011

Pan-Seared Filet Mignon

Who doesn't love a good filet now and then? I know I do. Very rare that I have one... but I never had one at home... till now, and it was amazing!!! I made up this recipe for a special date night at home for my husband and I and it was so yummy!!

Shown with Dee's Oven Roasted Red Skins* and Italian Green Beans*

Ingredients:
2 filets (about 1 1/2 - 2 inches thick)
2 tbl butter
Pepper and kosher salt 

Prep:
~In large skillet melt butter
~Lightly coat with both sides with salt and pepper
~Place steaks in pan
   - For medium rare, cook each side 4 minutes
   - For medium, cook each side 7 minutes
   - For medium-well, cook each side 8.5-9 minutes
*** I know it is soooo tempting to keep flipping steaks, but do NOT flip them, just set a timer for each side for your desired temperature of steak... trust me you will be thankful later***
~When you are done cooking them for the time needed for your temperature, place them on a plate, and cover them for another 10 minutes, then serve immediately after uncovering so they do not get cold




 ONLY TURN WHEN READY...
Covering them with a bowl for ten minutes is one of the most important steps in cooking these steaks...


I prefer to serve these with Italian Green Beans* and Dee's Oven Roasted Red Skins*



*= If recipe name has a star next to it, it is a name of a recipe on the blog as well...

2 comments:

  1. The whole meal looks fantastic. I love pan seared steak. I usually use Delmonico because of the fat in it but I may have to try a Filet!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think if you give it a try... you can always cook any steak this way... however, you are going to have to add a couple minutes for every temperature probably since it is a larger steak... but just let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete